Please visit my new blog



Global Warming

and help me with your advices/suggestions

Jan 5, 2007

Crater Lake - Part 2

As I said in the earlier post, I'll keep posting images from the Crater Lake for a few days now... I'm completely awestruck by it... This is another view of the Crater Lake from the nearby peak called "Watchman Overlook". It's also a hiking trail and here are the details as given on the NPS website:


Watchman Overlook

  • Time: 1 hour
  • Length: 0.7 miles one way
  • Elevation: 7,400 to 8,056 feet
  • Difficulty: Difficult, steep
  • Trailhead: Watchman Overlook, 3.7 miles northwest of Rim Village on the West Rim Drive; or, alternately, Lightning Spring Picnic Area
  • Features: Panoramic view, overlook of Wizard Island, historic fire lookout and interpretive exhibits

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW...the above pic looks amazing, does not seem real...good job Lanji